Saturday, June 26, 2010

One week of great happiness!

After he came back to Hawaii from visiting me the 2nd time around, we decided to finally start processing my papers which is the fiance K1 visa. That’s the best and the easiest way for me to get there to his country. The idea of living together and building our own family, excite us most. I can’t wait for everything, to meet his whole family, specially his mom, who had been so nice ever since we trade emails, I know she's nicer in person, I cant wait to finally meet them all. :)



We start do the researching in the internet and asked some friends who had been in that situations but because everything we've heard are all unfamiliar, we still didn’t know where to start and what to do first. While searching for an answer, Jeramie found a fellow who replied to his post from a website where everybody can put their comments and suggestions.

Dew had been in that situation too, he marry a Filipina and waited long to get his wife out from the Philippines. They started exchanging emails, and decided to meet each other since they are living in Hawaii too. Dew and Ivy explained everything to Jeramie, what to do, and the step by step processing of the papers. Later we knew that Dew and Ivy has their own dating web site and are truly extending help for those couples who really doesn’t know how to get their fiance to the US. We did what they said, and start to conduct all the papers we needed. I sent my birth certificate from NSO, NBI, and two 2x2 passport picture with a white background to Jeramie that will be included to the first batch of papers that he will going to file to the US Embassy. The second batch of papers sent after a month of approval.

While we are waiting for the paper to be forwarded here in the Philippines, he decided to make a visit again. We've been told that the processing will take long, so we thought that’s a brilliant idea. We really need to be together again because of the pressure, and most specially, we really miss each other. It’s really hard to be apart, we really need to take advantage of every moment given just for us to be together again. So we became busy planning again for his third visit. But because he had done lots of leave in his work, he is now allowed to have a visit for one week only. A short time for a far vacation, but enough for a longing heart.

His arrival in the Philippines was scheduled on March 16, 2010, at 5:15 PM, at NAIA terminal 1 via Hawaiian Airlines. I was a little nervous because that airport was not familiar with him. I’m sure he will get confused once he arrived. So I just handed my phone, in case he will call. NAIA Terminal 1 is way smaller than other international airport in Manila, and it’s crowded too, and somewhat confusing. They have two way exit. That made my head aches, plus the two hours delay. My mom who was with me that time, start to feel bored too. I was just praying that he arrived safe and I will be fine. After three hours of standing there, at last, I saw him. He made his exit on the right way with a confusing face, hahaha... I waved my hand for him to see me, and it was a relieved when we hugged and sneak a quick kiss.


Manila Eco Park was our first destinations after two days of just being lazy and just stayed at our hotel room in Malate (Pearl Garden Hotel). We go there with the kids and mom. We expected to enjoy at Manila Eco Park, with activities they served on their online addresses, but we failed. Yes, the kids enjoyed their bath on the pool, but most of the adult activities are not available already, the Butterfly garden are ruined, fishing and boat ride is not allowed anymore. I felt sad, I should have picked somewhere else to go, and I should have called them first to find it out, oh yeah, I remember calling them many times but no one answering the phone. I just couldn't stopped my self from thinking, why did they not preserved the park? Well, I still love the trees anyway, and hopefully when we came back we could enjoy the park better.



Next destination, The Corregidor Island. We’ve planned to go there since Jeramie decided to visit me the second time around. He loves historic places that’s why we put that in our priority list of places to visit. But unluckily, we failed to get their promo packages, its too late for us to get the three day stay, so just to glance the place, we’ve avail their one day tour, with my mom, sister and her friend.

Corregidor island is such an educational place. It is good for the people who loves history, and loves to see lots of gadgets from WWII. We really enjoyed it, from riding on the ferry boat (I almost get sick because of the big waves), riding on the tourist bus with the friendly tourist guide (thumbs up to them!), seeing nice views (love the lunch at sea side), old things, from money to utensils (my honey bought an old money to add his coin collection), canyons (that was the first time i saw big canyons), guns, ruined buildings (where late President Manuel Roxas stayed at the island), everything was awesome! We will surely go back there to witness the fantastic sunset and sunrise…





Few days after that, the day of his departure, we’ve finally received the letter of the US Embassy saying that anytime now, I can schedule my medical and interview. We are so happy to received it. That started my journey to get my fiancĂ© visa, I cant wait…. Specially to finally be with my honey, and start my whole life with him.

Thank you God for everything! :)


1 comment:

  1. sssiiiggghhh....so love it when reminiscing the past esp those moments of you together for the first time. Love every single article you wrote here my dear friend, you always inspire me to make my own book but so sad, I don't have that BLUE thumb to do it, LOL! as having a green thumb to do some gardening...nyahahaha! Hopefully, soon I will be able to share my own piece.

    ReplyDelete